What is MyMedicare?
What is the Benefit?
Registering in MyMedicare is voluntary and free.
Registering in MyMedicare will notify your general practice that you have chosen them as your regular care team. Additional funding will be available from the government to help them provide the care you need.
MyMedicare patients will have access to:
- more excellent continuity of care with your registered practice, improving health outcomes
- longer Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) funded telehealth consultations with your GP.
- Practice incentive benefit to support your practice
Eligibility for MyMedicare
- A Medicare care or Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Veteran Card
- two face-to-face visits for practices in the previous 24 months.
The other facts:
- Parents/guardians and children can be registered at the same practice if one is eligible and registered.
- A parent/guardian must register a child under 14 years of age and provide consent.
- Young people aged 14 to 17 can register and consent without a parent/guardian.
How to register for MyMedicare?
There are multiple ways you can register with your chosen practice in MyMedicare:
- Start registering in your Medicare Online Account or Express Plus Medicare Mobile app. Check that your practice is documented in MyMedicare before you start. Practice staff will then accept the registration in the MyMedicare system.
- Your practice may start the registration in MyMedicare, or you can ask them to do this. This will trigger registration in your Medicare Online Account or Express Plus Medicare Mobile app, which you can complete.
- Please fill out a registration form and provide it to your practice. By signing the document, you are giving consent to participate in MyMedicare. Practice staff will then complete the registration in the MyMedicare system.
How can I change preferred Practices or GPs?
- MyMedicare does not tie you to a particular healthcare provider. You can change your preferred GP within your registered practice at any time.
- You can also register with a different practice if you meet the eligibility requirements and the practice is also recorded.
Can I withdraw my registration from MyMedicare?
- Withdraw from MyMedicare using their Medicare Online Account or Express Plus Medicare Mobile app
- contact your GP or practice and notify them that you want to withdraw your registration from MyMedicare
- contact Services Australia directly and request to have your MyMedicare registration removed.